Oh Little Town

Our town is finally dug out of the snow.  The kids and I went to the final hand bell practice before we play tomorrow.  We are playing "Oh Little Town of Bethlehem".  It is a beautiful song.  But, if you know music and know what an accidental is you know that this song is full of them.  In hand bells, that means putting down one bell and picking up another.  Without clanging them together because they cost more than my car.  

So, we had an extra practice today without the director.  I am so glad we did.  I think we are going to do so well tomorrow.  Everyone felt good about the practice.  We even did "Silent Night" a few times which we will play during the Christmas Eve service.  

One family has 4 members that play in the hand bell choir and they had brought 4 show shovels in case we had to dig our way to the door of the church.  They asked about my driveway and when they found out it was still snowed in, they offered to come and shovel it.  I am in awe of how kind the members of our church are.  With their 4 shovels and our 1 we got the entire driveway done and done well in about 15 minutes.

What an excellent Christmas present from an amazing family.
2 Responses
  1. Shannon Says:

    Hi Monica! Thanks for your comment...what a funny story with the vaseline! Hahaha! :) I'm trying not to be jealous of your snow...it's supposed to be close to 70 here on Christmas day (though the weather guys have been known to be drastically wrong...!)
    Anyway, comments always make me happy, so I wanted to say thanks. :)


  2. I hope your performance went well!


Related Posts with Thumbnails