I didn't even need to count my chickens

The ex husband arrived after an hour delay and the kids were thrilled.  Last night was very mellow.  Today the kids went to school while the ex, Jack and I went to my mom and dad's house for the two grown men to replace a part on my van.  Then we had coffee and donuts.  Then the ex, Jack and I went grocery shopping where he laughed with the baby and I shopped in almost total peace.  Then the ex put gas in my car.

Home we went to start Taco Soup and back out to pick up big boys from school.  Then all boys stayed home while I went and rang the Salvation Army Red Kettle Bell for an hour in 17 degree weather.  It was awesome and I am not being sarcastic.  I am doing that again next year.

Now, I am sitting on the couch in flannel and all the big boys and the ex are laying in about eleventy hundred blackets on the floor watching movies.

I smell a rat.

Ok I am kidding.  It is just being a good visit.

I AM BLESSED!
4 Responses
  1. Angie Says:

    I'm so glad things are going well on this visit. Now that this stress has gone away we need to find out what's up with Jack & his speech. Things really do get better.


  2. Really glad to read that the visit with your ex is going well. Wonderful for both you and your boys.

    On another note, did you see that you now have two followers? Hooray for that! My beloved Forver Folding Laundry and us. You are converting the masses. :)

    -Francesca


  3. *Monica Says:

    wow, I did NOT notice. That is way at the bottom, I had to go search for it! Very very awesome.


  4. Hello, again!

    Seriously not trying to stalk your blog, but wanted to let you know that I tagged you with a holiday meme. Thought it might be fun. Details are on our site if you are interested.

    Hope all is continuing to go well for you and your family this weekend.

    -Francesca


Related Posts with Thumbnails