I am it!

 I haven't been tagged in ages, it tickles!


Francesca from Three Bay B Chicks tagged me for a holiday meme.  I love her blog, go and peek!




Egg nog or hot chocolate?
I like both, but we have egg nog on the holidays.  And it is *gasp* store bought.  I can only enjoy one cup then it is too much for me.




Does Santa wrap presents or set them under the tree?

The presents arrived unwrapped under the tree.  I figure it saves paper and frustration on my part and the kids can just go for it!!




Colored lights on tree or white?

Colored and blinking please!


When do you put your decorations up?

The day after Thanksgiving is my favorite day to decorate, but sometimes, like this year, it gets pushed back a day or two.


What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?

My mom makes the best sausage balls that we eat cold with quiche or muffins on Christmas morning as we enjoy presents.  I am a HUGE fan of green bean cassarole also.


Favorite holiday memory as a child:

This took some thinking.  I think running about my Granny Belle's house with my cousins while all the adults were cooking in the kitchen.  My Granny Belle was a rough neck and might smack you as you went by, but she wouldn't spill her old milwaukee beer.  She could cook like nobody I have known before or since and was hilarious.  I miss her.


When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't remember, but I think I was 7 or 8.  I don't have a cool story to tell about it, sadly.


Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We do because it is a family tradition started by my mom when I was a kid to wear new pajamas to sleep on Christmas Eve.  This year my boys will be wearing these 


How do you decorate your Christmas tree?

With christmas music blaring, people laughing and much singing and tomfoolery.


Snow! Love it or dread it?

Dread it, if you live in it, you know.  I do love to sit with a hot cup of coffee and watch it fall through a window.  Beautiful.


Can you ice skate?
hahahahahahahahahahah, whew.  What was the question?




Do you remember your favorite gift?

As a teen I got some badly wanted Duran Duran albums.  I squealed for an entire evening.  As an adult, every year is filled with such wonderful memories that the gifts are secondary.




What's the most important thing about the holidays for you?

Making sure that my sons remember that this holiday celebrates the birth of Christ.  


What is your favorite holiday dessert?

Jam Cake made by my mom.  I shall have to get the recipe and post it.  I love it.


What is your favorite tradition?

On Christmas Eve after all have gone home and my sons and I are in our matching pjs, I dim the lights and read the story of Jesus birth from the Bible.  My children's faces are lit only by tree lights and they look so beautiful to me.  It is a time of bonding and love that matches nothing else.


Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?

Everyone say giving and I love making sure somebody gets that present that makes them smile.  But, I love to receive for the simple reason that it is giving the giver joy.  Did that make sense?


What is your favorite Christmas Song?

Oh Holy Night especially when sung by Josh Groban.


Candy canes! Yuck or yum?
I am gonna say yum.  I don't crave them, but I can dig it.

Ever recycled a Christmas present?
Not as far as you know.


Don't Be A Scrooge! Tag 7 friends to Deck the Halls...

I hope I don't retag anyone, but I choose scifimama.  Anna ,  Eyes that keep the old soul , and C Beth 


Sorry I couldnt do 7.


Happy Holidays!
2 Responses
  1. Shhh! Don't tell anyone, but this was my favorite response to the Deck the Halls Meme. You are funny! I loved reading about your Granny Belle memories. You also peppered the post with your usual heartfelt words...reading to your kids in front of the Christmas tree. I actually started to cry a bit.

    Thank you, friend.

    -F.


  2. Angela Says:

    What fun! I think I remember the year you got the Duran Duran albums. How funny is that? I'll post mine tonight. Time for last minute studying, then off to my final


Related Posts with Thumbnails