Poker and Spaghetti

Thanks to everyone who left the sweet encouraging comments about my new eating.  I appreciate that so much. I did excellent for 48 hours and then had pizza last night.  Not only pizza, but deep dish and 3 slices.  That was the old me popping in for a quick hello.  I don't blame her, it was good pizza.

But believe it or not, I was so so good yesterday that the pizza didn't even put me over my calorie limit.  I couldn't believe it.  BUT, here is the surprising part.  I felt AWFUL after eating it.  My stomach was upset like crazy.  My body did not like all that fat and starchy carbs.

So today began with Frosted Mini Wheats.  Much better.

Tonight I am throwing a poker night complete with a spaghetti dinner.  I bought the food last week, so I have to return to the store for whole wheat pasta.  I hope some of the guests will try it, but I am making the semolina pasta also.

Have a wonderful Saturday!
2 Responses
  1. Good for you for getting back on the nutrition wagon. You can *definitely* do it. And I'll bet your friends & family won't even notice the pasta is whole wheat!

    {Have you ever tried a spaghetti squash? It tastes & looks almost identical to spaghetti noodles (honestly). Just cook the squash in the microwave, shred it with a fork and then serve with sauce. Yum.}

    BTW, my cholesterol is high too. I have to watch my diet as well. You're not alone! :)

    Keri


  2. *Monica Says:

    I actually love spaghetti squash, but can't get my kids on the squash wagon.

    Thanks for the encouragement!


Related Posts with Thumbnails