Eating healthy, blech

Well, it appears that my NOT new years resolution is the one I am going to be working on after all.  I have been having headaches and nausea for about two weeks.  ALOT of blood tests were ordered and a CT scan.  While I don't know all the results, they made a point of calling me to tell me my fasting blood sugar and cholesterol were high and my vitamin D was low.

Bummer.

Soooo, I have seen the nutritionist and gotten my guidelines.  I have informed the kids that big kitchen changes are here.  I have downloaded a Spark People app to my itouch.   I have eaten healthy for 24 hours.  I didn't know I liked tilapia?

My weight has finally become a health issue.  I have been teetering on the brink of morbidly obese and ignoring it.   It is a shame that I have given up on myself and my health.  I have got to dig deep for some will power and stick with the changes in my diet.

I see the nutritionist in two weeks for a weigh in.  Here is to hoping I drop a few pounds!
2 Responses
  1. Amy Says:

    You can do it, Monica! :o) I know for me, the hardest part is the nutrition aspect. I haven't even really started to tackle that yet. But the exercise thing is not so bad... Please know that you are not alone, even though it may feel that way at times. Looking forward to hearing about your progress, so be sure to keep us posted!


  2. SciFi Mama Says:

    If you can raise 4 boys by yourself, you can tackle a diet! We LOVE grilled tilapia around here. It's great with cous cous and green beans. We usually add carrots and sometimes zucchini, onions & squash to the cous cous.


Related Posts with Thumbnails