Migraine?? NOway.

Immediately after my heart cath, last Wednesday I experienced a few moments of shimmery vision and we attributed it to the dye or lack of sleep.  I didn't think about it again until Monday evening when it happened again.

I had a thirty minute issue with vision.  I was seeing a c shaped rope like thing.  I couldn't look at it directly as it was in my left peripheral vision.  It appeared to be like a checkerboard pattern that rotated.  It is very hard to explain.  I called my mom and googled it and came up with a visual migraine.  I did have a slight headache when my vision cleared, but it only lasted ten minutes or so.

Tuesday afternoon the vision thing started again.  This time I felt not well about five minutes into it and I got a bit scared.  I had to lay down and called my mom again.  This time it turned into a horrific headache that lasted from just after 7pm until 2am.  A real migraine.   Oh.    My.   Goodness.  I have never felt so incapacitated.   Nausea and sensitivity to light, wow!

I hope that was my one and only migraine.  I feel so terrible for people who suffer these on a regular basis.  I am hoping mine was because I had been without my CPAP  machine for a few days. This adorable dog ate my mask.  Then he ate the $40 used replacement mask I lucked into.  Insurance won't pay for another $300 mask for many months and a new replacement part is $70.

My mom bought me another used mask today.  She is a lifesaver.  I napped a bit earlier and can't wait till tonight to sleep a full night again with the CPAP.    We will be having a dog funeral if he finds this one I have hidden in my dresser drawer.
1 Response
  1. SciFi Mama Says:

    I have migraines now. I've found a couple of drugs that work: Esgic if it's early. If I get to full blown migraine it's Immitrex. They do suck. If it only lasted that long, I would say you're lucky. I usually have a "migraine hangover" that leaves a headache laying around for a day or 2 after.


Related Posts with Thumbnails