Fondant for fools

My friend Emily is getting married in less than two weeks.  Her wedding is very DIY and she hasn't decided what to do about a cake.  I was watching a youtube tutorial on making fondant roses and thought " I can do that!"  And I can.

It is the actually putting on of the fondant and making it smooth I am lacking major skills in.  I gave a quick try at stenciling and I think with more practice I could manage that.  But, the actual fondant on the cake.  Not happening.
It was fun for a first time though.  I might try this more for birthday cakes if I get brave again.  If you need fondant roses made though, call me.
2 Responses
  1. Sleep Goblin Says:

    i hear using a steamer helps. no joke. also, piping a little royal icing along the edges of the cake to hide any messy seams. you can do this!


  2. I think it looks great!!! There's no way possible I would be able to do any of that, so I think it's amazing!


Related Posts with Thumbnails