Catching up

Hello everybody!!

We are still here, alive and kicking.  I knew life would get busy with me back in college, but I was shocked by how busy.  Every single night, I am fighting to stay awake to get things done.  My body is really reacting too all the movement.  For many years now I have couch potatoed all day while the big boys were in school.

I am earning my grades with my entire body.  Within the first week I had an ingrown toenail.  The following Tuesday I discovered it was infected and went for antibiotics.  Who could imagine that such a tiny area of the body could shut down your ability to walk?

Speaking of walking, I am doing a lot of that.  This campus has the worst parking for commuter students.  Its insane how far the parking garages are from the classroom buildings.  I literally cried the first day.  I wasn't prepared for the amount of walking.  I have gotten much better with it and have discovered a few short cuts.  My endurance is already improving.

I like all my classes and teachers. Here is a quick overview:
Holistics-Choices in Living
This might be an easy class if I pay attention.  Some of it is no brainer stuff and the papers required are only two pages double spaced.  I have had two quizzes and aced them.  I am waiting for a grade back on the first project.
Intro to Communication Disorders and Sciences
This is my first required class for the SLP degree.  I really like this teacher, the class only holds about 50 students and its a beautiful building.  I have a few things turned in for grades but haven't gotten them back.  The bummer is the book store didn't order enough books and I am one of those without one for now.
Sociology-Non-western World
I also like this teacher and why people act the way they do fascinates me, so I think its going to be good.  He seems to be serious about grades though so the tests might be difficult. There are 200 students in this class, its HUGE.  But, he still gives us plenty of time for discussions.  No grades in this one yet.
Music Appreciation-Jazz/Pop
I love this class so far.  I know music so some of the questions on the first test were cake for me, I didn't feel a need to study too much.  Once we get into more jazz specific questions, I will need to work harder, but I still think I am going to be good.  The cool thing is the book came with several CDs showcasing some of the most popular cuts from across the history of Jazz.  Good stuff!!

It's also staying around 70 degrees or less here, so fall is coming!!
1 Response
  1. Anna Says:

    your classes sound great...man I miss being in school!


Related Posts with Thumbnails