Feeling grateful



Five years ago we moved because the heater in our apartment burned out. It did not actually start a fire, but the fire department said we were lucky. I am so grateful we moved. The unit in front of the one we lived in burned Sunday.  Two people lost their lives and many more were injured.  Twelve families lost everything they own. My heart goes out to them.  

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/kalamazoo_and_battle_creek/One-found-dead-after-apartment-fire

There are days when I struggle and worry. Today, I am incredibly thankful, grateful and blessed. We were able to move into this house because of my ex husband. He stepped up and helped us get out of that death trap. He had been trying to get me to let him help us move into a better place and I was stubborn. I didn't want to be indebted to him.

Thank god I came to my senses before this was our tragedy.

In happier news, our Halloween party was a success. The kids had a great time and the food was super cool.   My mom outdid herself this year.

Here we have Ogre Toes.  These are bread sticks with almonds for the nails.  We dipped them in Unicorn blood (pizza sauce.

Super gross!!

She found these cool labels at the dollar tree!



She also made a stuffed pumpkin



We had a great time playing Halloween themed pictionary.




We made WAY too much food, of course, but it was worth it.



1 Response
  1. Heather Says:

    Okay I am so glad to hear that you aren't living there anymore and huge kudos to your ex for helping you out because he wanted you guys to be safe.

    Also LOVE the halloween party food. I may 'steal' the ogre toes idea as my youngest has a Halloween party & we are always trying to come up with fun stuff to eat.

    And also, I don't check the blog for a few days and you write not one but two posts......ahhh!


Related Posts with Thumbnails