They call me twitchy

Last October, I noticed Jack doing this hard blinking thing.  I monitored it for a bit then managed to catch it on video.  I uploaded it to youtube to see if other parents thought I should be concerned.  I got a few comments and most were asking me what did they doctor say.

Well, I didn't take him to the doctor.  I read that an eye blink twitch wasn't uncommon and usually just goes away with time.

The eye blink thing comes and goes and I haven't been able to discern a pattern.  It was only when he began doing a shoulder shrug type of twitch that I got truly concerned.  A visit to the pediatrician today was in order.  Sadly, are regular lady wasn't available so we had to see a brand new doctor.  She was great and was able to view his youtube video.  She consulted with the pediatrician on call and both said that medication was available, but not warrented unless the tics were interfering with his activities.  They are not, he is blissfully unaware of them.  They say that most kids outgrow these types.

So I will keep my eye on his royal twitchyness and try not to be worried.  Sounds good to me.
0 Responses
Related Posts with Thumbnails