Heart update

Today I visited the cardiologist.  My mom knew of him from when she worked in the hospital and he has an amazing reputation.  He was so kind and  understanding and seemed to really listen.

The long and short of it is, two different radiologists give two different accounts of what is going on in my heart.  That, plus the constant chest pain and rapid heart rate, were clues that we need a more in depth test.  Sadly, my weight can make a CT scan blurry or less accurate.

The first test he is going to attempt for me is a CTA scan.  It is like a CT scan, but better and more focused.  My weight may also make this test less accurate, but he wasn't sure what the cut off for weight was and is asking the technicians at Borgess their opinion.

If I can not have the CTA test, the next choice is heart catheterization.  This is more invasive and messy.

I don't know the time frame for either of these tests, but I hope it is soon.

My heart rate is still too fast on the Lopressor, so he has doubled my dose.  I was on such a small dose to begin with that doubling it only brings me up to the most commonly used starting dose.

I really liked the cardiologist, but was disappointed that he didn't have a definitive answer for me on the routing of my coronary arteries.  I am trying to be patient, really I am...lol
2 Responses
  1. Heather Says:

    Here's hoping that the meds will slow down your heart rate and they can figure out what's going on with your ticker.

    Praying for you!

    xo


  2. I'm sorry. I hope they can get everything figured out soon. A rapid heart rate is no fun, I know. Get better soon!

    ~Keri


Related Posts with Thumbnails