I fear now that it might also have been the last time I will see my biological dad.
A few weeks ago, he was hospitalized for pneumonia. After three weeks in hospital, he went home.
Sunday, he went back with recurring symptoms and it has gone downhill from there..
He has been transfered to a better equipped hospital and is now on a ventilator. His kidneys are starting to shut down and his blood pressure can't be kept up in the correct range. He is running a fever and his body is being overrun by yeast from all the antibiotics. His is in a medically induced coma, but managing to fight to pull tubes and things out. His right lung is the major problem and is leaking air out into his tissues.
I am torn. Part of me wants to go back down there, but all I could do is sit in the waiting room. Part of me knows that he would want me to continue with vacation plans since we had an excellent visit in April. His wife, Mary, has not asked me to come yet. If he asks for me, I will go.
Pray for him, Mike and his wife, Mary.
Mike has turned septic and the next 12 hours will make the difference between life and death. I fear he will leave us today.