Surviving a sleep study

Arriving to find the room this nice was a great surprise.

They request clean hair with no product in it.  Hence my carrot top hair-do.

The nurse connected 15 leads on my head, including three on my chin, which I HATED.  Two more leads on my chest, one on my neck, and one on each leg.   Then she added a pulse oxymeter to one finger and a nasal canula to monitor airflow.

Not everyone can rock this look, people.

It took me more than 3 hours to fall asleep, but when I did, they were able to get good information.  Wake up was at 5 am this morning.  The shower did not have shampoo and the goo in my hair wasn't as water soluble as the nurse said.

All in all, a sleep study wasn't as bad as I thought.  I was sure that I wouldn't sleep at all, but I did for about 4 solid hours.  The nurse was very nice and the bed was comfortable.  I will find out if I have sleep apnea later this coming week.

The moral is if you snore and wake up tired, don't fear the sleep study.  If I can do it, you can do it.


1 Response
  1. Heather Says:

    glad that it went well. Hope that you get some good results that end up with you not feeling so tired when you wake up in the morning


Related Posts with Thumbnails