A new type of school

This past week I went back to school.  After a semester and a half of land based school kicking my butt I have changed directions.  I am now attending an online university.  I have to be truthful and say I have always looked at online universities as "not so good" or maybe along the lines of correspondence school.  Some in depth research proved me wrong.  I took a workshop class prior to my first actual class and discovered an amazing wealth of resources.  My degree will also be viewed as just as good as a degree earned in a bricks and mortar school.  Man, how times have changed.

Along with researching this for myself I had to make a huge decision for the kids education.  My two older boys were failing.  My incredibly intelligent gifted children were making terrible grades.  I was ready to pull them out for homeschooling again. 

I then found out about a online public charter school.  WHAT??  Free online accredited school?  Color me impressed.  My sons will be beginning their first semester in September at Connections Academy.  We went through an extensive application process and were accepted.  My oldest will have to repeat a few classes, but can do summer school to catch up and graduate with his class in 2014. 

I am hoping that with all four of us schooling at home we will be able to reach the potential I know is in there somewhere.
2 Responses
  1. Amy Says:

    I watched the intro video for Connections Academy. How COOL! Best Wishes to you and your boys for much SUCCESS! I look forward to keeping up with everyone's progress through your posts. :o)


  2. Heather Says:

    good luck to you all! If I ever homeschool again I will def. be doing the online stuff as it looks like they won't suffer in areas that I have no clue about.


Related Posts with Thumbnails